Feather tor

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

bog_baby
Hiker
Hiker

Feather tor

Post by bog_baby »

We were going to stop off at Little staple tor when on the other side of the road we saw the very lovely Feather tor. We decided to head in that direction instead just to find barbed wire city and no access messages everywhere, the gates were all covered in barbed wire also or had huge boulders infront of them.
So I was wondering is Feather Tor totally out of bounds on private land or do we just need to access it from another direction :?: :?: :?:
panomobile
Hiker
Hiker

Post by panomobile »

It wasn't Feather Tor you saw with no access messages and barbed wire around it. That was Vixen Tor and yes it is currently totally out of bounds.

Feather Tor is to the right-hand-side of Vixen Tor if you are looking at Vixen Tor with Little Staple Tor behind you.
bog_baby
Hiker
Hiker

Post by bog_baby »

Oh thankyou for letting me know :( I didn't think Feather tor was out of bounds so I was a bit :?
Just had a look at the map and see I hadn't even noticed Vixen tor on there......shame such a pretty little tor.
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Dartymoor »

One of the most selfish acts on Dartmoor in living memory, as well as a transparent money-grabbing attempt by holding a tor hostage in return for a ransom!
bog_baby
Hiker
Hiker

Post by bog_baby »

Duckpool
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Duckpool »

It's been a long and sorry tale. I can but admire all of the people who kept going at this for years to achieve a fair result; well done to them all even if it now seems to have hit a brick wall.