General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER
Drifter
Drifter

Roos Tor Letterbox

Post by HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER »

Hi,
My wife and I are the owners of Roos Tor Letterbox (High Plains Drifters).We have had this letterbox for over 20yrs and maintained it well.We looked forward to going up there and checking it to see who had been there and comments left regarding weather etc.When we went to check it on Wed August 8th it wasn't there,just the plastic bag it was in to protect it.We think it was probably stolen by some very sad person who likes to spoil other peoples enjoyment.If anyone knows what has happened to the box please would they get in touch.We are 100 club members, 7168 and 7169. This was a very hard box to find.
Happy Boxing
High Plains Drifters
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Hi there welcome to the forum - very sad that your box has now suffered the same fate as so many others. The LBT is a very sad person, but we are no nearer finding out who he/she is or why they do it. :cry:
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

I is sad to hear of long established boxes going missing from the moor.
I sometimes wonder if there is some similarity between the chavs who steal car bonnet badges and letterboxes.
I think there is more than just a couple of people doing this, and that they are making a game of this.

On a more cheerful note, I hope you decide to hang around on the forum, a few thoughts from long established boxers would not go amiss.
Nik 245 to go