General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Bodmin Moor

Post by trekkernod »

Hi 1943,

Will you be attending he Letterbox Meet at Lee Moor tomorrow? If so, I will bring the Sharp Tor stamp with me. I will also bring a 10fig a full grid for Trewartha Tor / Hawks Tor (3 stamps in that box).

Noddy
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
Drifter
Drifter

Hi

Post by 1943 »

I only just got this email so unfortunately I have missed the opportunity to grab them and meet.

Are you planning to re site Sharp Tor at all as id love another walk up there, its beautiful.

I struggled with the hawks tor clue as im still new to letter boxing and was uncertain what a VCR was.

(OS Landranger Sheet 201. Near 12ft x 5ft flat rock on E side of tor. Mushroom shape building 338° Top of Hawks Tor 64° Trig on Kilmar Tor 156°. Under E end of 5ft long VCR 3p from logan.)

Thanks for your time.
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

VCR

Post by trekkernod »

Hi 1948,

VCR = vegetation covered rock.

Noddy
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
Drifter
Drifter

Post by 1943 »

Hi.
2 stamps have been carved by myself both of common moorland mushrooms, I will be placing them on Bodmin Moor, hopefully 1st week of the new year. Anyone is welcome to PM me for clues and pics of the stamps.

Merry xmas[/img]
Birdie
Drifter
Drifter

Re: Cornish Letterboxes???

Post by Birdie »

Hi Cornish Letterbox hunters. I live on the edge of Bodmin moor in the Minions area and keep an up to date list of boxes I've found. I tend to walk on the Southern half of the moor and my hunting around Roughtor etc proved less than satisfactory.

The clues on both Ians old site and the Gamblenet site are I suspect in many cases years out of date.

I'd be very interested in swapping info with any other Bodmin Moor letterbox hunters.

Steve