We know the Udders crowd walk has gone missing - basically
I would like to know what other walks are on site or what are they missing
Just a quick report - not the area
Nik 245 to go
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by moorland wizard »

Just done the tin tin walk (well part of) and boxes were there today up to box 4, doing the rest another day. long story!!
jjpage
Ambler
Ambler

Post by jjpage »

hello,i have recently done the guide dogs collect pub signs walk,all boxes intact.they were on wednesday when i did the walk.julian
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

going to try forgotten english on sunday near soldiers pond and surrounding area,

well just got back and all boxes are in place and very well hidden and off the beatten track
Crafty Jo

Post by Crafty Jo »

Hi There,

Dizzy and I bought the Wreckers Morris Walk from the Meet - and got their first walk which is still out, at a discount price. We completed this first walk yesterday - all 19 boxes were on site - though one was off it's backing and another a bit on the wet side. Nice stamps though - line drawings of Boundary Stones. A decent walk too - which wasn't too strenuous. Clues were good and clear - with on the whole very good bearings. :D
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

we are doing this one at the weekend (if it is not raining) and part of the cornish waters one as it is in the same area.
Fulchet
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Fulchet »

Cornish Waters was due in at end of October so you may not find that one now MOTM
next target 2000 - hopefully some time in 2010 (ha, ha, make that 2013)
Tina
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

The other half is going senile - I think he meant Cornish Houses!!!!!
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Chicks Walk

Post by trekkernod »

Did the CHICKS Autumn 2007 walk 6/11/07, nice sramps and ALL THERE at time of writing. Collected 34 stamps for the day.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
James&Jenny
Hiker
Hiker

Re: Chicks Walk

Post by James&Jenny »

trekkernod wrote:Did the CHICKS Autumn 2007 walk 6/11/07, nice stamps and ALL THERE at time of writing.
Still all there on 09/11/07! :D

James & Jenny
326 stamps collected - lots more to go!
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Forgotten English

Post by trekkernod »

Hi Everyone,
I did the Forgotten English walk on Saturday 10th November. Whilst at box No.5, another person, presumably a letterboxer, stood away from me and only came to the site when I had left. I continued on my walk finding other boxes on my list for the day.
I met up with Don Grassby, and we walked together for a while around Cramber Tor until he went off to get box No.9 and I stayed looking for other stuff on the tor.
On my way to box No.9, Don whistled to me to head for him. I thought he had found box No.9. Instead he was at Box no.10, and told me box No.9 had gone.
To cut the story short a bit, we finished the walk and were approached, coming off the moor, by two other letterboxers near the parking spot just outside Princetown. They asked if we had all the boxes and we said no, by now we had found out No.12 had gone too.
They had No.9, but not No.12. We did not have No.9 or No.12.
Now, this chap I mentioned was behind the 2 letterboxers at No.9 but before Don Grassby. He then overtook the other two letterboxers reaching box No.12 before them, and sat on the tor watching them, not once offering any help that the box may have gone.
This seems highly suss to me, so here is a description for everyone to be wary of this fellow when out and if you see him keep an eye on him. I had a feeling early on in the day to photograph him, but just Thought I was being paranoid.
He is about 5'6" to 5'8" tall thinner that average build, and what may give him away is his dog, a grey/white husky type.
Last edited by trekkernod on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
jjpage
Ambler
Ambler

Post by jjpage »

the wary fellow you mention was myself and my husky,i am no letterbox thief i started my walk from box 5,as i had started the walk late the day before without the use of gps.i waited while i got my breath back as i forced marched myself to start there as i was working that night,i do not like to approach people while they are at a box in case it might be wom box so they might not like it,i proceded to box 6,7,8,9,box 10 i could not find,proceded to 11,there i meet two boxers using gps,crossed river, sat on hart tor for a smoke and cup of tea,there i watched the two boxers i passed search for a box,i did not know it was box 12,it could have been a wom box or one from the cat,i proceded to the place where they had found a box, expecting box 12 the two boxers informed me it was not there,i then had a little chat to some walkers who were walking dogs,they mentioned they know someone who also has a husky,i then proceded to box 13 but passed by as the gps users were at the box,i proceded to box 14,stamped then went home.if i was the thief i would not be stupid enough to take a dog as unusaul as a husky,i cannot help being shy and retiring,now i am offended julian
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

Is this a dig on letterboxers with dogs???? only joking

We tend to stay back when people are boxing with our dogs they tend not to like people in hats or dark glasses. We was up and around widgery cross on saturday with a few people just in front of us doing the same walk so we stoppped and let them go on a little infront and darted the other way around doing he walk backwards so we would not catch them up. need to go back up there as we missed a stamp. It is true thou people with dogs are not shy it is that they are just wary as some people dont like dogs.
Dizzy
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Dizzy »

jjpage I don't think trekkernod would have said this if he knew it was you so please don't be offended with his comments. We all seem to get a little paranoid when boxing on the moors as we don't know the other people in the area and what they are up to. I know I get this way, but I do try to say a quick 'hello' to other boxers or even a quick chat to see who they are.

Dizzy
Visit my website and please leave a message on my new Guestbook!
http://www.letterboxstamper.co.ukhttp://www.devonartist.co.uk
jjpage
Ambler
Ambler

Post by jjpage »

I feel i must write & defend my partner julian.Julian is no thief and loves the hobby of letterboxing and walking nanook our husky on dartmoor,i must add julian is a very quiet and shy person,once he knows the person he is fine,just finds going up to strangers difficult.I know he has been hurt by this accusation,he has'nt shown it but i know as you do after living with him for the past 21 years.I myself feel quite hurt, that people will probably think him a thief and not to be trusted.I can assure the forum that julian is no thief and can be trusted...AN ANNOYED PARTNER...FIONA