Lost Sunday 30th Oct - LandRover keys

Report things you've lost or found on dartmoor.

Moderator: Moderators

bob_bodd
Drifter
Drifter

Post by bob_bodd »

Bob N - 07802 431368

Keyring containing: LandRover key + House Key + Small keys

Distinguished by: Fob saying 'Pentland LandRover'

Location: Lost between Buckfastleigh (South Devon Railway carpark) and top of Dart 'Loop'

The funny side (?) : Self + 2 in wet suits after kayaking. Stood in carpark for hours in rain - attempting vehicle break-in. Failed. Vehicle + occupants all recovered to midlands. Phones, wallets, dry clothes locked in car until following day. Vehicle at home but still immobilised. Uncomfortable security at M5 service station. Entered in wetsuits at 1am for toilet.

Lesson: Spare keys handy

The Wandering Artist
Trekker
Trekker

Post by The Wandering Artist »

OK -I will ask the obvious question - if you are in wet suits where would you have put the keys?
Didn`t you have a 'minder' (wife, partner or 'friend?) to look after your vehicle, belongings, and as a safety factor?
bob_bodd
Drifter
Drifter

Post by bob_bodd »

Was with 26 others - all paddlers. I dropped boats and fellow passengers off at top of loop. Drove to Buckfastleigh with 6 other cars. Parked up quick to help someone who'd ripped bicycle off roof of car going under low bridge into railway carpark. Self and drivers of 4 other cars get into one car and drive to top of loop. Was meant to transfer my keys to my Otter dry box in boat. Realised i hadn't done it half way through paddle. Thought 'must be in friends car had been in previously'. Sadly not and mind blank over what i might have done with them. Probably on river bed now but need to ask - just in case. Thanks..

Unfortunately immobilisers seem to be one thing LRover do very well :D
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Dartymoor »

Easily done. I walked past a car at great plantation on sunday and saw the driver had left the keys in the ignition. I tutted at that.

I went for a walk at Fingle Bridge last night, realised half a mile in that I'd left my own keys hanging out the door...