Could the meet be returning to Princetown?

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Could the meet be returning to Princetown?

Post by Nik - KOTM »

I came into some information today that could mean the return of the meet to Princetown, however, this is now down to the powers that be who determine the site of meet.

Remember where you heard this first!

I for one would like it to go back to Princetown, and I know a lot of others would like it to return
Nik 245 to go
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Thats interesting Nik - I thought the reason for returning to Lee moor was the high cost of hiring the new Village Hall, plus there were no tables and chairs and they had to be fetched from Okehampton.
I would think that if they do go back to Princetown, then the staff at Lee Moor wouldn't be happy to welcome them back after being ditched twice :cry: I also think Princetown is more central and much more for people visiting to go and see, more venues for a pint and food and also a lot closer to the centre of the moors for getting out and doing a walk on the day.
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Dartymoor »

Both places seem to rain just as much, but Princetown's better suited and easier to get to, especially for the non-plymouth boxers. It'd be great to see it back there.
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

I have not given you all the information I have, but was aware of the excessive price and the offers that have now been laid on the table - all the info I have has now gone to higher authorities for them to decide.
Suffice to say Princetown community centre is under new management

It is kinda cool being the first to know something that could affect a lot of people... not a position I have been in before
Nik 245 to go
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

Latest update.... For the foreseeable future... it is staying at Lee Moor
Nik 245 to go
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

:roll: :wink: