Damaged letterbox

Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Parkhill Plodders
Ambler
Ambler

Damaged letterbox

Post by Parkhill Plodders »

Was on the moors on Sunday and came across newquay goat trekker (cryptic letterbox), and the box was damaged and the stamp was in two, There was no contact details. What am I to do? Feels wrong taking it off the moors so left it. Depending what responses I get I might go back and get and restore it. Have got back into letter boxing after 15 years now take my kids and they love it. Russ (park hill plodders)
Freemans of the Moor
Hiker
Hiker

Newquay Goat Trekkers box

Post by Freemans of the Moor »

Hello Russ,
we can identify a box of that name as a Catalogue box No.17124. We found this for the 1st. time back in 1998 in grid 70-81, then again in 1999 in grid 68-74. Either Malcolm Allderidge or Colin Richards should be able to identify the owner (that is if he / she is still boxing). Would have brought it in ourselves.
Are you part of the Park Hill Plodders that stayed at Higher Longford caravan park some years ago ?

Len & Jenny Freeman (Freemans of the Moor)
Parkhill Plodders
Ambler
Ambler

Post by Parkhill Plodders »

Thanks for getting in touch. Next time I go back to area I will put it in a pill box with a book and hide it again. We live in newton abbot so not sure we stayed at that campsite unless we were visiting friends.
Woodford Wanderers
Ambler
Ambler

Post by Woodford Wanderers »

Thanks Russ for letting us know the stamp is damaged, as this is still in the catalogue for us all to find.
I will report this box to Malcolm that the stamp is damaged and it will be recorded in the next letterbox monthly update hoping the owner will take note.
Any time you find a Catalogue box missing etc; please drop Malcolm an e-mail [email protected]