RIP tanda stamps :-( NOW who makes stamps to order.

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

The discussion about putting the Dartmoor catalogue online has come up many times. It really isn't anything to do with the costs, but, more down to security. As everyone knows fraud is rampant on the internet along with hacking and heaven only knows what else.
Even this site isn't immune to the hackers and spammers (the latter has prompted the vetting of all new members).
As for setting up a website and who would administrate it would have to be done on an element of trust, and when it comes to money... I trust no one! And then to add salt to the wound... not everyone is online.

However, as much as I would love to see the catalogue put online it will never happen - I don't own the rights. Also maintaining the site would almost be a full time job, sadly I do not have the time to spare for that... well not yet anyway. And recently I have been somewhat run off my feet, though a bit more time to myself is coming my way...

The bit about the seeming increase in number of WOM boxes is down to a lot of things that have happened in the past ten years, the reduction of clues in the catalogue with the five year limit. Newtakes being incorporated, farmers who hate the hobby, The DLT amongst others.

Also... getting back to the main thread of the topic... I too am looking for a cheap and reasonable maker of stamps.
Nik 245 to go
UniS
Hiker
Hiker

Post by UniS »

I'm looking at "devonstamps" as a possible stamp maker, any one else used them?
http://www.devonstamps.co.uk/shop/index ... y&cat_id=3
Wheres it to ?
Team Snowby
Drifter
Drifter

Post by Team Snowby »

I used Devon stamps last year - they did two custom stamps for me.The stamps are really good and the turn around is quick.Think it cost about £10 per stamp

:D
Adam Ant
Ambler
Ambler

Post by Adam Ant »

I have also used Devon Stamps. You need to provide clear B + W images which need to be the correct size. The quality of the stamps that I have received are superb and very well made with an image of the stamp on the backing. The turnaround is also very quick from sending images to receiveing the finished article. The prices are reasonable (roughly £10 per 3'' x 3'' stamp) and I would highly recommend them.
Adam Ant and Milty on the Moor
UniS
Hiker
Hiker

Post by UniS »

My devon stamps arrived in super fast time, they are now out on the moor as the "St Andrews Church roof letterbox walk 2013". I'll be selling clues tomorrow at teh meet, or PM for postal details.

The stamps look to be great quality. Sheet Music reproduced very clearly.
Wheres it to ?
Fulchet
Adventurer
Adventurer

Devon Stamps

Post by Fulchet »

I see they provide an A5 sheet for £22.00 plus postage. I'm wanting to get some more stamps made up soon so will give them a try.
next target 2000 - hopefully some time in 2010 (ha, ha, make that 2013)
Tina
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Please post any further comments as per the heading on this topic -
RIP Tanda Stamps and where to get stamps made now they have gone. Thankyou.