Unsited? 'for a great day' stamp near Pew Tor

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

Unsited? 'for a great day' stamp near Pew Tor

Post by smartieb »

Dont know if any one can help but up Pew Tor on Sunday 11.01.15 looking for a box.
Whilst stamping a known registered box one of my daughters were picking some moss of a stone next to the box (she was told off!). Anyway under neath the moss was a stamp in a sealed bag which had a simple car motif underneath with the words 'for a great day'.
There was no containers in the vacinity as was as though it had been placed there whilst stamping the stamp in the vacinity and then forgotten about.

As unsure what to do to try and protect it i placed it in the box that we found near its location.

Dont want to name the box where located in case the DLT is reading but if anyone can help / or is the owner of the 'for a great day' stamp i can give details of where this can be found.

Hope this makes sense
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Hi there Martin, I just wonder if its someones personal stamp as it wasn't in a box. Did you happen to notice who last stamped in the visitors book? Might have been a family and its a child stamp for stamping in the book - just a couple of thoughts.
smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

Post by smartieb »

Could be a personal stamp but was very well wrapped and sealed with cellotape so potentially never got used if it was a personal stamp.

Cannt remember who last stamped the book or took name either and didnt think of this at the time - doh!!!

I will be revisiting this site some time soon to complete the walk that we started so may revisit site and try and get some more information if not resolved by then.
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

aah sounds more like it was a stamp ready to be put out then.