Stamps FOUND

Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Ogwell Oddbods
Ambler
Ambler

Stamps FOUND

Post by Ogwell Oddbods »

We were out boxing on a very litter-strewn Bellever Tor yesterday and came across a cracked plastic 'Julian Graves Glace Cherry' container, not very well hidden. The location found was 644 764. Inside were 5 beautifully cut rubber stamps:
1. Dizzy series - Don't play with the ponies!
2. Dartmoor Collections - A coven of witches
3. RB&BR Wars - Yosemite Warriors
4. Nuns cross Dartmoor most holy
5. Time to walk (a picture of a cricket game, with someone 'out')

There were no books, contact numbers etc. There was a piece of paper with a stamp of a 'Black Rose' and date of the Royal Wedding.

Rightly or wrongly we have removed these and brought them home as we know the time and expense that goes into creating these lovely stamps.

After doing a little research last night, we found Dizzy's thread about his dont play with the pony stamp' from 2007! (we have already pm him)

We would like to return all the stamps to their owners, but need a little help with addresses and identifying who they belong to. If anyone knows who they belong to or can assist us, it would be great. We have taken a photo of all the stamps, but as new to this, haven't uploaded a photo yet.

We are not yet members of 100 Club (well on our way though!) so don't know who would be best to contact.

Thanks!
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Post by trekkernod »

Hi
I found Dartmoor Nuns Cross Most Holy, back in 2003 /4 in a pit in the immediate area of Nuns Cross.
It could be that someone took the stamps by mistake not knowing how the hobby works, or perhaps the LBT doesn't take the stamps off the moor and stashes them. Perhaps the LBT has a conscience.
Well done for finding them.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Post by trekkernod »

Just checked through my collection and I found Dartmoor Most Holy - Nuns Cross on 17 Feb 2002.
I also found a Yosemite Warriors - Pool Wars at Crazywell Pool in May 2004.
It would be nice to know whose boxes these are and if they still box. If they do contact details would be nice to swap clues.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Interesting :x Could it be that the LBT was disturbed :?:
Anyway, please let Steph or Angela from the 100 club know about these stamps. I have pm'd you their contact details. I see you have let Dizzy know, but he is away on holiday so be patient until he gets back.

Dartmoor Collections was originally part of a walk around Roos Tor put out by the Stourport Slow Starters. The cricket one may be from a series called Dartmoor Village Cricket put out by Max and Sam. Again I have pm'd you their details.
Last edited by Sowerby Streaker on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ogwell Oddbods
Ambler
Ambler

Post by Ogwell Oddbods »

Thank you for the information.
We have emailed the contacts which you have given us - hopefully return these stamps to their owners!
Strangely enough - we were around Bonehill Rocks tonight and found another Cricket stamp 'From the Boundry' - looks from the same series, but it was in a bashed tin, dry, but with no book or info. It did say on the stamp 'please do not remove - part of a charity walk in aid of Children's Hospice'.

Any other suggestions of owners for these stamps, please let us know.

Thanks.