Coloured inks

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Ogwell Oddbods
Ambler
Ambler

Coloured inks

Post by Ogwell Oddbods »

Just back from an evening stroll checking a couple of our boxes.
We noticed that one of our hand carved stamps had been inked with 3 different colours, a different one for each different part of the stamp. We've noticed this on a couple of other stamps whilst out and about.
Just curious - what colour does everyone use for different parts of a stamp and is there a reason for this?
Up to now we've been boring and just used a plain old black ink! :wink:
kk
Hiker
Hiker

Post by kk »

Its nice to have a good designed stamp print in colour, makes it even more impressive.

Use a corner of a pad, a small pad or even dab your finger on pad then onto the stamp for more detail.
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

I also use coloured artwork pens for the wording on a stamp. You can buy all the coloured pads and pens from a good craft shop or from a stall at the Meet.
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

Depends upon the mood I am in and if I have the time.
However, I detest those who use emulsion based inks on a stamp and don't clean the stamp afterwards, they leave the stamp in an awful mess...
I usually try to remember to take some cleaning stuff with me to clean up the stamp, but not always...
Nik 245 to go
Gemma
Trekker
Trekker

Post by Gemma »

We use Brush Pens, certainly brightens up the stamp. Sometime though we just use "Dartmoor Black" especially if it is raining!! :) :)
We seek them here, we seek them......