Curried letterboxes

Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Parkhill Plodders
Ambler
Ambler

Curried letterboxes

Post by Parkhill Plodders »

Found one of the boxes in the series today and was in a very poor state. I took it of the moors with a view to restore the stamp and re site in the same place with book and in a new container. The stamp is" whitleigh plodders get curried" not in catalogue. Any body got any info about box or owners?
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Hi, yes this is one of the Curried Letterboxes series. They are all in the catalogue but will be taken out of the catalogue when the new one is published. The owner has got so fed up with his boxes being stolen that he is not publishing any more. He also owns Stephanies Dragon series.
In the October update this notice appeared.
'The next 3 months will see the deletion of all Curried Letterboxers, Stephanie’s Dragon and bonus boxes, Stephanies Fantasy and One for Roger letterboxes. These boxes may remain on the moor but the status is changed from “Catalogue” to “Word Of Mouth” and therefore information and updates on these boxes should be obtained from the owner. Similarly any information on boxes found, or missing, should be passed directly to the owner.'

I will pm you the owners details.
Parkhill Plodders
Ambler
Ambler

Curried letterboxes

Thanks sowerby streaker for your quick reply. I have emailed them.

I will be siting letterboxes in February under " the terry s on tor" and will be WOM to start with but as I'm getting back into letterboxing I don't know many people so is it still worth putting in the catalogue as 4 digit grid references.

Russ
Parkhill Plodders
Ambler
Ambler

The above box is curried series 39 . It had been deleted in the pink book.