Cornish Letterboxes???

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Drifter
Drifter

Cornish Letterboxes???

Post by 1943 »

First of all as a new member to this forum I would like to say hi to everyone here.

I am aware that there was a list of cornish Letterboxes as i found a topic about it, however when i click the link i get an error saying the site does not exist. Does anyone have this list who could possibly email it or provide a link. It will be most appreciated and I intend to place some boxes on Bodmin Moor myself as the girlfriend is a good stamp maker I will return the favour by providing clues.

Thanks in Advance
-1943-
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

The best list is to be found on Ian Kirkpatrick's website, as it listed perhaps the most up to date list off boxes off Dartmoor.
The site is back up again... I'll PM you the link.
Nik 245 to go
Drifter
Drifter

Post by 1943 »

Got the link thankyou very much!
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Cornish letterboxes

Post by trekkernod »

There is also this web site that may be of interest

www.gamblenet.me.uk/default.asp

I think it was designed to be a replacement for The Dartmoor Bounders' site.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
Drifter
Drifter

Post by 1943 »

Wow,
Great looking site! Loads more on there that I would have missed.

Thankyou
Moortrekkers
Ambler
Ambler

Post by Moortrekkers »

1943 wrote:Wow,
Great looking site! Loads more on there that I would have missed.

Thankyou

Hi I have been collecting the Bodmin stamps for a while now not got them all but have a good idea of whats there. Be careful with the gamblenet list as its listing a lot that haven't been on site for a long time. I think the owner is overseas at the moment so it hasn't been updated recently. I would be interested in exchanging any clues for your boxes you mentioned, best regards DJ
Drifter
Drifter

Post by 1943 »

Hi, I recently went to bodmin moor (rougtor) whilst geocaching I looked for a few but did not find them. I didnt really have enough time to really go through the list I have but im sure there were not some there. Would it be possible for you to send me a list of the ones you know may be there so I can start with them?

I live in London so driving to Cornwall to find letterboxes which dont exist can be slightly annoying.

I am going down on the 25th of sept

Regards
Drifter
Drifter

Post by 1943 »

Oh I forgot to add, my girlfriend makes the stamps I need to get her to make a couple for me to site hopefully this will be done by the 25h.
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Cornish Letterboxes

Post by trekkernod »

Just to inform you, my Sharp Tor box has been brought in. The other one of mine, Hawks Tor is still on site.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
Moortrekkers
Ambler
Ambler

Post by Moortrekkers »

1943 wrote:Hi, I recently went to bodmin moor (rougtor) whilst geocaching I looked for a few but did not find them. I didnt really have enough time to really go through the list I have but im sure there were not some there. Would it be possible for you to send me a list of the ones you know may be there so I can start with them?

I live in London so driving to Cornwall to find letterboxes which dont exist can be slightly annoying.

I am going down on the 25th of sept

Regards
will get something to you next week all being well,,cheers
Moortrekkers
Ambler
Ambler

Re: Cornish Letterboxes

Post by Moortrekkers »

trekkernod wrote:Just to inform you, my Sharp Tor box has been brought in. The other one of mine, Hawks Tor is still on site.

YES I STILL HAVE THIS ON MY LIST TO GET... no rush, its been out there about 20 years hasn't it?
Drifter
Drifter

Post by 1943 »

Thanks it will be greatly appreciated. Will go for Hawks Tor when im down.
Drifter
Drifter

Re: Cornish Letterboxes

Post by 1943 »

[quote="trekkernod"]Just to inform you, my [b]Sharp Tor[/b] box has been brought in. The other one of mine, [b]Hawks Tor[/b] is still on site.[/quote]

Hi again to all, I had another go at a few in Cornwall and done ok. Trekkernod, is your sharp tor box clue the one inside the cave and as for the Hawks Tor is this the Hawks Tor next tp Trewartha Tor.

Thanks in advance.
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Bodmin Moor boxes

Post by trekkernod »

Hi 1943,
Yes, my Sharp Tor box was the one in the cave. My other box is the Trewartha Tor/Hawks Tor box.

Mark (Noddy)
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
Drifter
Drifter

Post by 1943 »

Great, I looked in the cave for a few minutes and couldnt find it was unsure if it was supposed to be there or not. I have to admit i could not find the Hawks Tor box i spent about 10 mins on it, I will have to have another crack at it.

I also went up to High Rock thinking I would be able to climb it, I stepped onto the first ledge and bottled it.