'Gone Home' Charity Box Stamp from 2008 @ Nuns Cross Farm?

Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

'Gone Home' Charity Box Stamp from 2008 @ Nuns Cross Farm?

Post by smartieb »

Query for you longer term boxers
Does any body recall (or did you put it out) a walk around/ near Nuns Cross Farm back in 2008 (may have been a charity walk?) Cutting back towards the car from eylesbarrow the hard way came across a Gone Home letterbox which had the 'Gone Home' wording with 15 small circles making the outline of a circle with an extra circle in the middle (sorry cannt post a picture at the moment to help!) The only thing missing from the box was the front cover to the book which may have had owner details on it! otherwise in very good condition for a stamp this age (just starting to come off the backing).
According to the book first found in Oct 2008 and last dated find was in Aug 2010.
If any one letterboxing from this time has any info and if it was a registered box would be most interested to hear (can always pm me if you don't want to post)
Thank you
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Sorry not having much luck with this one - its not a catalogue box as I have gone through the books from 2008. I can't recall a charity walk with a stamp as you describe, so if you can put a photo up, I'm sure that would help. There were several WOM walks out around that area as well. Can't get to my stamp books at the minute as room is being decorated. If its easier to take a photo on your phone and email it to me, then please do and I will see what I can do.
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Yeah, all sorted and both stamps identified. Gone Home is box number 43021 and was part of a Scouts charity walk in 2008. The other one is a new box which is part of a WOM walk around that area.
smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

All sorted

Post by smartieb »

Sowerby
thanks for your time and effort in sorting this and please extend my thanks to your helpers, nice to solve a little puzzle.
Seem to remember you sent me a contact for the gone home stamp but cannt seem to find it now - could you please re send if you did to my pm so I can let the owner know
thanks again
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Hi, pm sent with contact details.