Gazetteer of Dartmoor Names

Buy, sell, exchange, & highlight items on ebay. We cannot accept responsibility for any aspect of any transaction that may take place. Please exercise care before parting with money and let us know if you have problems of any kind.

Moderator: Moderators

gar&sue
Hiker
Hiker

Gazetteer of Dartmoor Names

Post by gar&sue »

just a note to let you know there is a copy + suppliment on Ebay in as new condition :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321633053820? ... _65wt_1190
gar&sue (Fraser's On Tor)
whoisthechallenger
Trekker
Trekker

Post by whoisthechallenger »

Good spot!

Last day for bidding for this book. It looks like a two-way fight. Lets see how much it sells for in the end.
A Dartmoor Letterboxing blog:
www.who-is-the-challenger.blogspot.com
whoisthechallenger
Trekker
Trekker

Wow! Winning bid is £67, plus £3.38 postage. Are you listening Forest Publishing/Mike Brown: Time to reprint? The demand is there!
Colin
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Colin »

whoisthechallenger wrote:Wow! Winning bid is £67, plus £3.38 postage. Are you listening Forest Publishing/Mike Brown: Time to reprint? The demand is there!
wow that's over £1 a page
Everyone has a photographic memory. My problem is I don't have any film.

www.colin-masters.com
exeter bog hoppers
Hiker
Hiker

Post by exeter bog hoppers »

I think I might put one of my copy's on eBay if they go for that price as I gt 2 copy's of it
whoisthechallenger
Trekker
Trekker

I can find one copy of the book for sale right NOW online! (Not yours Exeter Bog Hoppers, is it?! :)) Good condition, but no Supplement with this copy.

Not on Ebay, but at book retailer Abebooks.co.uk. No auction this time either. Its £62.99 and free postage.

Here is the link: http://www.abebooks.co.uk/9780951527474 ... 527479/plp

Form an orderly queue!
Duckpool
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Duckpool »

Anyone paying these sums might like to know that there are at least two variants of the supplementary listings. The first came with the first edition in 1995 and runs to six pages. Another seems to also have been inserted in some first editions (later stock?) and was also separately available for £2.50. This ran to over 40 pages and unsurprisingly contains a lot more useful information, covaring things like triangulation points and boundary stones. For those prices I'd want that one!

Also there are/were small booklets issued by the DNP which were just a straightforward Place/name index with 2700 names and map references. Don't believe it's still available (my copy is undated but cost 15p), but should be a lot cheaper and also very useful.
whoisthechallenger
Trekker
Trekker

A unique chance to find two copies of Mike Brown's book for sale together at Amazon.co.uk at the mo. Including a very rare opportunity to buy a good condition Gazetteer and "1998 supplement" too, although no details on what this supplement contains.

This is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=all

The price is about the same for both though - £78 each incl postage. Is this inflation in action?
Duckpool
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Duckpool »

The two Amazon copies are still advertised. It also appears as if there are another six on ebay and one on abebooks, but this is deceptive, as these represent just the same (no supplement) copy to be found on Amazon which is offered by Sunrise Books. So only one copy available with supplement and at £75. Looks as if this may have gone above its ceiling price!