Relocation of the Letterboxing site

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Relocation of the Letterboxing site

Post by Nik - KOTM »

I have taken the first steps to moving the site to another domain. This was suggested by the current owner a few weeks ago.

I have requested one of our members to set up the new site, and we shall see what happens, if you read the posts on here you might be able to figure it out...

Early days, but I/we shall keep everyone informed as to what is going on

If it all goes tits up, we do have a refuge on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2117963 ... 2/?fref=ts
Nik 245 to go
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

Just to keep everyone in the picture, the next phase on the site moving to a new web address has taken place.
What isn't quite clear is we might lose everything on the forum... then we might not.
The plan is If you log onto here, the old address, you will be forwarded to the new web domain, just keep an eye open to see if it will change from the .org site to whatever it may be, and then save to favourites
Well you now know as much as I know
Nik 245 to go
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Dartymoor »

Another update.

Thanks to Tom supplying the files and Database, I have now setup the old site and copied across the forum database to my server, located near to Hennock and this site is now running on Dartmoor!

The internet link is a bit slower, but hopefully it won't make much real difference.

I'll be focusing on fixing some of the existing problems over the next couple of weeks - such as the broken links up above, removing the adverts (Tom's Ok with this, and I'm not looking to make a profit).

Then fix the gallery and upgrade the forum's software to the latest version. All general housekeeping stuff.
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Re: Relocation of the Letterboxing site

Post by Dartymoor »

Test of the upgraded forum software...
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Re: Relocation of the Letterboxing site

Post by Nik - KOTM »

Oooh.... it's gone blue!
Nik 245 to go