A few rules for this site

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

A few rules for this site

Post by Nik - KOTM »

For most of you this will be a meaningless post. But I feel it is a neccessary evil as we would rather have everyone enjoy the forum.

A few basic rules... mostly common sense which you lot have bucketloads of...

1. Anyone who posts spam from the outset will have their account will be deleted without warning.
2. Any established member found spamming the site will be requested to account for why they are doing it in case they have had their accounts hacked. If it is unintentional or deliberate. The admins decision will be final.
3. Do not click on any links within threads unless you know they are safe. The administrators cannot be held responsible for any actions you may take concerning links. If you have a problem please report it to admin where action will be taken (see rules 1 & 2)
4. Please do not use profanities as we do have children read these page
5. Do try to keep posts Dartmoor orientated as much as possible, though the social room will allow more flexibility.
6. If you have an issue with another member of the forum, please do not air it on here.
7. Enjoy the board

Sorry to sound so draconian, but it covers us in admin from potential issues.
Nik 245 to go
Gaffer2
Drifter
Drifter

Re: A few rules for this site

Post by Gaffer2 »

Just a small point from a newcomer: there is no such word as "orientated". It goes like "fragment" - fragment, fragmented, fragmentation. Hence: orient, oriented, orientation. It's a common mistake.
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

orientated - adjusted or located in relation to surroundings or circumstances; sometimes used in combination; "the house had its large windows oriented toward the ocean view"; "helping freshmen become oriented to college life"; "the book is value-oriented throughout"

The word exists... I rest my case... However, I do appreciate your concerns
Nik 245 to go
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

:lol: Don't mess with the boss - he is always right :lol:
Gaffer2
Drifter
Drifter

Post by Gaffer2 »

I've got one of those at home - she's always right. Or, more accurately, she thinks she is.