Issues regarding safety and links of interest

Moderator: Moderators

trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Forum problems

Post by trekkernod »

It may be me but..........
When I click on a Forum topic from the Home page it shows that I am logged in.
If I open the Forum and then click on a topic, my log in details are not shown. The Messages & Notification menus etc are all missing and I have the Log In menu instead.
Is it me???

Mark
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Re: Forum problems

Post by Dartymoor »

Hi Mark,

Afraid I can't replicate that - if I click on the 'latest topics' bit on the home page, 'read more' - if I was logged into the forum before, it keeps me logged in.

Only thing I can think of is that your browser isn't keeping cookies for the site - so the site doesn't recognise you when you return. If that's so, it would happen if you came to the forum directly at http://www.dartmoorletterboxing.org/forum instead.
Colin
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Colin »

I have the same problem, I presume it is the cookie settings ACP >General >cookie settings can't cope with both .dartmoorletterboxing.org & .dartmoorletterboxing.digdilem.org
Everyone has a photographic memory. My problem is I don't have any film.

www.colin-masters.com
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Dartymoor »

Thanks for the idea, Colin - I suspect you're right.

I've changed the header back to letterboxing.org - hopefully that resolves the issue.

In case anyone's wondering why it's different...

The site is hosted at Hennock on Dartmoor - on the end of a rural adsl line. I have a secondary connection which is much faster, however the owner of the original domain is unresponsive so I've been unable to change the DNS to the new IP. That's why I put a secondary domain, which is under my control, on the faster link (which is wifi to Buller's Hill if anyone's interested!)

However, given the low visitor numbers and relative low bandwidth, it's probably ok on the ADSL one until such time as I can resolve the DNS situation.