car sticker

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

devon steamer
Ambler
Ambler

car sticker

Post by devon steamer »

is there a thing called a dartmoor letterbox car sticker,if not why not id love to advertise the sport on my car.
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by moorland wizard »

There was some at one of the meets, but they were paper ones printed of the computer just with the 100 badge on it, people decided this wasnt a good idea advertising that you was a letterboxer and would be way from your car for long periods of the day.

Now you will mostly see people with them only at the meets, I have one I stick in my window but my car sticks out before you can read the sign... lol plus after getting to know lots of boxers you get to know and reconise peoples cars more than if a sticker was in the window.

I know you can get some "no valubles are left in the car" signs from the national trust at princetown
The Wandering Artist
Trekker
Trekker

car sticker

Post by The Wandering Artist »

Quite a while ago a work mate of mine left his car at Yellowmeade car park, opposite side of the road from the pump house. He had a 'letterboxing' type sticker in the rear window. Thieves broke into his car and boot and stole everything possible - even the baby items! in the boot.(these days you sell anything at a car boot sale! as the thieves well know!!!!!)

When I park I try to make it as obvious as possible that there is nothing worth stealing in the car.

Seems to me that advertising you are a Rambler, a letterboxer, or even a dog fancier is an open invitation to a car thief in that they are apt to think that you are away from your car for a reasonable period of time.

TWA
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

The "sticker" is nothing more than a piece of paper with the 100 letterbox logo on it.
Yes you take a chance when you park your car on the moor but most of the thieves out there know that the average boxer is going to be away for hours and well out of sight of the car.
D&C police have recommended in the past that these "stickers" are not displayed in cars while out boxing.

Damned shame if you ask me.
Nik 245 to go
The Wandering Artist
Trekker
Trekker

car sticker

Post by The Wandering Artist »

An old saying but true today as ever - ''better safe than sorry''!

TWA
The Sly Fox
Trekker
Trekker

Post by The Sly Fox »

I was handed a card by a policeman whilst parking on the moor a few years back.
It says something like "I have Moor sense. There are no valuables left in this vehicle".
I display it on the dashboard before I lock up my car.
This fox is the hunter, not the hunted !!
1,578 and counting ...
Barrite65
Drifter
Drifter

Re: car sticker

Post by Barrite65 »

Thanks for sharing this information on car stickers. Last month, got vehicle wraps done for my truck from one of local excellent graphic designers. They did an amazing job in getting my truck wrapped with best design and glad to avail their services.