General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

100club8309
Drifter
Drifter

Charity Walks South Dartmoor

Post by 100club8309 »

I hope you can help me.
I took my family from Manchester to holiday in South Devon in the early 1990s. We were introduced to letterboxing and eventually became members of the 100 Club---number 8309. After many years away from the area, my son and grandchildren are returning in August to a campsite between Totnes and Newton Abbot. They would like to try a couple of charity walks that are accessible from that area. The grandchildren are relatively young 8+11 so will not be looking for great distances. Many of the walks on your website seem to be based in the North. Can you help to direct me to some further south please? Thanks.
Roger Berry.
Box Hunter
Hiker
Hiker

Re: Charity Walks South Dartmoor

Post by Box Hunter »

The closest ones for you this summer are in the Haytor area:

50228 - 50239 POOLE HOSPITAL CHARITY – THE DORSET CANCER CENTRE – DAY CARE WARD LETTERBOX WALK SUMMER 2017 Cartoon Capers Part II A charity walk of about 2 miles around Top Tor & Pil Tor, consisting of 12 boxes in aid of Poole Hospital Charity – The Dorset Cancer Centre – Day Ward (Reg No 1058808).Walk starts from Harefoot Cross Car Park 73466 76756 (Do not start from Hemsworthy Gate.) Clue sheets are available by sending an S.A.E and a cheque for £2.50, made payable to Ian Pitcher, to Ian Pitcher, Brackendale, Furzehill, Wimborne, BH21 4HD.

50242 - 50252 Dartmoor Legends. A walk of around two miles (suitable for children) in the Hound Tor – Greator area in aid of Berry Pomeroy School PFTA. There are 10 boxes depicting some of the legends associated with Dartmoor, plus a bonus box at the Hound Of The Basket Meals in the start / finish car park below Hound Tor. For a clue sheet and a booklet describing each legend with a place to put each stamp, please send £3.00 (cheques made payable to Berry Pomeroy PFTA) plus an A5 SAE to: Dave Pressley,
48 pines Road, Paignton, TQ3 3PE (email [email protected])

50304 - 50314 Chudleigh Youth Center Spring 2017 Walk. A family friendly walk around Holwell Quarry using well beaten pathways as much as possible between boxes. There are ten stamps & one bonus designed by Youth Center members to collect For a clue sheet please send  SAE and £2.50  (Cheques to be made out to “CYCCT”)  to Marion Brunsdon, 18 Troarn Way, Chudleigh, TQ13 0PP.
Patience helps....
100club8309
Drifter
Drifter

Re: Charity Walks South Dartmoor

Post by 100club8309 »

That's great information. Many thanks for your help.