Forum Walk

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Slow and Steady
Hiker
Hiker

Forum Walk

Post by Slow and Steady »

Did a date get decided about the forum walk that we were talking about, cant seem to find the posts about it now!!!
Or has it taken place already??? :roll:
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by moorland wizard »

nope, not yet i think i said the 9th as a few people could get this off. but as for were i have found no christmas wom, but i thought of a idea to do the dartmoor boundry walk, i know its long but could break it down as when you do it all you get a badge and stuff, plus bound to be loads of stamps on the way.
Slow and Steady
Hiker
Hiker

What is the boundary walk? 9th is good for us although looking out the window at the moment the weather doesnt look great....!!!!
We have just got a puppy so couldnt do too much walking but would be nice to meet up with a few people and wrap up warm!!!
Is there any info on this boundary walks any websites?
Please keep me informed with what is happening.
Have you thought about doing a charity walk together I guess it will depend on who has done what walk (I havent done any at the moment). There is an xmas walk out but half of it is missing as I have posted on here its a WOM walk. Just an idea......?
NanoRuler
Hiker
Hiker

Post by NanoRuler »

What about doing the ancient Maltern Way? Plenty of boxes around and people can choose how much of it to do?

Just a thought!
Letterboxer, with occasionally 3 little helpers, aged 13, 12 and 8
moorland wizard
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by moorland wizard »

Ancient Boundary Walk Of Dartmoor is what i was on about the web page and there are some clues on there as well for all over the uk and a few worldwide.

http://www.ian.kirkpatrick2.btinternet.co.uk/page3.htm

See what you think. AS for the christmas wom has anyone got the email address of the person?

Just ideas flying around, it will probablly be raining as it always does, on gmtv this morning it said we might have floods, huricans and really bad weather this christmas.
Slow and Steady
Hiker
Hiker

I will PM you the E-mail for the xmas walk person for security reasons. As for the weather.....nothing is impossible and if we all prey for sunshine...blah blah blah who I am I kidding its going to be raining but we need to keep possitive. The 9th it is whatever we decide to do.
jjpage
Ambler
Ambler

Post by jjpage »

sorry i will have to miss,have to work that weekend.julian
The Lost Legionnaire
Hiker
Hiker

Post by The Lost Legionnaire »

I'm not sure about The Ancient Boundary Walk of Dartmoor, as it covers such a vast area. Even by doing just part of it the boxes are some distance apart. Don't forget everyone goes at their own pace, so it would surely need to be a small 'intimate' walk or everyone would get too spread out which would defeat the object.

ps Slow and Steady, are you the pair from Cornwall I bumped into around Roos Tor last week when your dog was being pestered by Jack?
"So I find myself among brave south western hills....................running like a madman on the moor"
Slow and Steady
Hiker
Hiker

No we are from Exeter. You will know it is us on the moor as we have just got a beautiful Cocker spaniel puppy, who loves pestering any sort of dog!! Just an update think that we have an Xmas walk to do on the 9th the monkeys are sorting it out.
Brinnie
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Brinnie »

I have walked The Ancient Boundary Walk twice and I wouldn’t advise anyone to try it unless they are experienced Dartmoor Walkers. You need to be fit and be confident with the compass. We did the walk over 3 days Rundlestone to Cullever Steps, Cullever Steps to Dartmeet and the last day Dartmeet to Princetown via Eastern Whittabarrow. There was certainly no time to stop to collect letterboxes.
Brinnie