Dartmoor Wildlife Park

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

mars sunrise
Ambler
Ambler

Dartmoor Wildlife Park

Post by mars sunrise »

Hi watched Dartmoor wildlife park again last night so glad Ben got the licence to reopen he really does deserve it hope it is very sucessful for him
hi everyone how did the meet go then? really wanted to be there i will be there in march most definitely
Crafty Jo

Post by Crafty Jo »

Dizzy and I watched that too. We thought perhaps we may visit the zoo over Christmas sometime - we are both off work - so if not boxing then maybe!! :lol:
wooiee
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by wooiee »

have 2 go there. he used to have lots of big cats!!!!!!!
ImageImage
Crafty Jo

Post by Crafty Jo »

Dizzy and I did indeed visit Dartmoor Zoo over the Christmas break. We took his 8 year old son - who was extremely good at navigating around the park using the map we had been given. We were glad we had seen the programme on the TV - because there is still a lot of work to do there - but knowing what had already been done - you could over look the areas needing attention.

The Big Cats looked in very good condition - as did all the animals. Ben (the owner) was busy helping out in the restaurant - it was very under staffed - think they must have mis-judged the number of visitors they were going to get! Still it was good to see him mucking in - think that's what endeared the whole project to us - the way everyone was willing to give 110% of themselves for the good of the zoo.

Definitely worth a visit - though take a good map - signage off the main roads isn't too good!! :lol:
62microbus

Post by 62microbus »

Not been to the zoo yet but there is a a really good book about Ben setting up the zoo called something like "We brought a zoo", well worth a read.
rowan
Ambler
Ambler

Post by rowan »

Is there a letterbox there?
NUMBER 70

Post by NUMBER 70 »

It was on country tracks on Sunday again bit of old and new footage of feeding the lions. somewhere I have never been