Plume Of Feathers campsite

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Mad Dog

Plume Of Feathers campsite

Post by Mad Dog »

What's the score with the campsite behind the Plume of Feathers these days? Do I need to book a pitch in advance for the bank holiday weekend, or is it first come first served still?

I'm going to be there at lunchtime on the 23rd, so ahead of the b/h weekend rush, and with a pretty large tent. Just need to know if I should ring them and book ahead.

Cheers.
cranmere

Post by cranmere »

It's still first come, first served but I've never been unable to find a space even at bank holiday.
Pat aka The Bristol Bogtrotter
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Thanks Cranmere.

I also never had a problem finding a spot, but haven't been for years, so thought it best to check. That plus it's a bigger tent than you're average 2-man.

Roll on the 23rd!
The Ghost Returns
Ambler
Ambler

Plume of Feathers campsite

Post by The Ghost Returns »

I spent three nights on the site at the end of March, the cost for a one man tent is now £7.50 per night. I enquired at the Fox Tor Cafe about the price of the bunk house and this was £9.50 per night.
After many years of eating breakfast at The Plume of Feathers I now eat at the Fox Tor Cafe. Good grub at a good price.
wires
Hiker
Hiker

Post by wires »

same as me and the mrs, stay at (and get drunk at the plume) fox tor for breakfast!

dont stand in somone elses shaddows, make your own mark. ..... do somthing that might scare you, it will change your life.
cranmere

Post by cranmere »

I always take a stove to make coffee first thing, no way am I getting up until I've had my coffee! Image

Seriously though, from posts here we often seem to end up with several of us up at the Plume at the same time. I'm the short fat one with a long braid of grey hair, do say hello if you see me.
Pat aka The Bristol Bogtrotter