Eureka Gang!

A brief description on how you were bitten by the letterbox bug

Moderator: Moderators

eurekaclaire
Drifter
Drifter

Eureka Gang!

Post by eurekaclaire »

I first started letterboxing when i was about 7 or 8 with my Grandparents and we formed the Eureka Gang. I stopped when I was about 13, I think the teenager in me took over!
When I came back from University in the Easter and Summer Holidays, Grandad used to take me up and we'd do a few 'roadies'. Now I'm 25, I'm back in Devon and love nothing more than to spend a day on the moors. I'm starting to get back into letterboxing now. My grandmother died in 2009 and I still miss her everyday. Being on the moor helps me to feel closer to her somehow because it is a place she loved so much.
I was part of the 100 club years ago, I'm not sure whether my membership will be still valid? I definitely have none of the paper work and i've lost the little material badge :(

I remember my first letterbox was the 'Bunny Box' (i think?) which we found near Haytor Quarry. Does anyone else remember this box?
Found at Last!
The_Tailchaser
Ambler
Ambler

Post by The_Tailchaser »

Hi Claire, are we talking about John and Hazel here?
eurekaclaire
Drifter
Drifter

Post by eurekaclaire »

Hi - yes I am! Do you know them?
Found at Last!
The_Tailchaser
Ambler
Ambler

Post by The_Tailchaser »

Hi Claire, yes I do and I was very sad to hear about Hazel. I had no idea until I read your post. I use to see John and Hazel at the Wednesday waffle. Hazel didn't fequent it so much as John, but it was always a laugh when Hazel visited. I've shared a cup of tea with them at the house and I think I saw John at the meet yesterday and just as I was going to say hello, smeone distracted me and when I looked round for John, he had disappeared. Please tell him that Tracy said hello and give him a big hug from me!