Back to the moors

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Oxman
Ambler
Ambler

Back to the moors

Post by Oxman »

We were out on the moors at the beginning of Jan very briefly. Hadnt done any planning and managed to spend two whole days without finding so much as one letterbox! - Had a great walk past Crazywell and back via the Leat and another around Leather Tor so still good!

Now I am back to the moors this weekend, hope for reasonable weather and have my wellies packed, a couple of charity walks and additional waypoints loaded in the GPS so should spend more time on my knees this time - wish me luck!!
:D
Badalika - Kenya boxers on the moor!!
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Good luck - weather is looking O.K. Hoping to get out myself this week-end, first time since Christmas. Not been off the moors this long for quite some time. Hope you have a more successful tally this time. There is a charity walk out that goes from Older Bridge down into Newlycombe Lake then up to Crazywell cross and back along the leat.
Oxman
Ambler
Ambler

Post by Oxman »

Sowerby Streaker wrote:Good luck - weather is looking O.K. Hoping to get out myself this week-end, first time since Christmas. Not been off the moors this long for quite some time. Hope you have a more successful tally this time. There is a charity walk out that goes from Older Bridge down into Newlycombe Lake then up to Crazywell cross and back along the leat.
Thanks - yes I saw that one on the list but have decided to go with the one from Two Bridges plus some extra's!
Badalika - Kenya boxers on the moor!!
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

Good idea, you should be O.K. there. A friend did the walk Tuesday and all on site although bonus to box 3 (I think ) is coming off its backing, but still stampable. Look around the box sites once you get out below the tors along the wall. Let us know how you get on.