Smeardon Down - Obsessed by Rocks 08? & More

Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

Smeardon Down - Obsessed by Rocks 08? & More

Post by smartieb »

Was up little combe tor and Smeardon Down on 30.06.13 and looks like either vandals or DLT have been in operation.

2 pill boxes (1 standard grey colour and a circular tuppaware type container covered in the standard black gaffer tape) were found jammed inside one another but clearly not from the same box. Both of these were found in close proximetry to where the obsessed by rocks 08 should have been but not neccessarily this box as time was getting on and children were getting tired. No lids or stamps were found in the immediate area.
2 calling cards were retrieved - Tamerton Chocolates (2 dates of 20.01.13 & 30.08.12) and Bucks on Tor (02.04.10)
If any one has contact details for obessed by rocks owner could you please let them know or forward me their details and i dont mind doing it.
Also to let you know stephs dragon 148 box was also found - outer container only lying out in the open with no signs of stamp / book in the immediate area - ND have been informed
All items were removed from the moor so us letterboxers cannt be accussed of being litter bugs!
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor
Tamerton Chocolates
Hiker
Hiker

Post by Tamerton Chocolates »

I had a quick look here. I don't think the one from august last year was ours. On the 20th of January we stamped two shop bought / kids stamps and one depicting someone walking with the text "Frederick Scoff - On the run".

I don't have clues for the "Obsessed by rocks" stamp that you mention but we didn't find that one whilst we were there. I remember there was snow on the ground so it is likely we missed a few.
smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

tamerton chococlates

Post by smartieb »

from what i can remember calling card was of 2 dog (labrador type) heads with tamerton chocolates across the top (assume the owner had 2 brown labs).
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor