May 24th: International Plant-a-Letterbox Day

General letterboxing discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

whoisthechallenger
Trekker
Trekker

May 24th: International Plant-a-Letterbox Day

Post by whoisthechallenger »

I have just learnt this day existed! I'm prepared to be shot down in flames, but, is this something we could adopt - with 100 Club backing of course - to boost participation in the hobby on Dartmoor?

For "International", currently read North America.

http://www.atlasquest.com/press/plantabox.html
A Dartmoor Letterboxing blog:
www.who-is-the-challenger.blogspot.com
smartieb
Hiker
Hiker

Post by smartieb »

Like the idea of this. Possibly may need to alter the rules a little to accommodate all, like over a week to allow us poor soles who have to work.
great idea though, can just imagine all active letterboxes trying to get up there to site a box or 2. As long as eeryone didnt choose the same area!
Always Looking for More!
aka Munchers Searching the Moor
bog_baby
Hiker
Hiker

Post by bog_baby »

It would be lovely if there was a weekend every summer where people could place a box without needing to seek permission themselves. xxx
Nik - KOTM
Site Admin

Post by Nik - KOTM »

Oh dear... NO!
I cringe at the thought of using US ideas on how to letterbox. I already baulk at the Cache thing (but that is up to those who wish to do it) which is not for me.
Nik 245 to go
Sowerby Streaker
Site Admin

Post by Sowerby Streaker »

You don't need permission to site a box - just obey the rules on where you can place one. The only time you need permission is to put out a charity walk. There are lots of WOM walks out there which don't need permission either. Not a fan of this idea as how would it operate? I could put one out for the day say on Top Tor, but how would anyone know it was there!!!!!! :cry:
whoisthechallenger
Trekker
Trekker

Post by whoisthechallenger »

Not a fan of this idea how would it operate?
Well, perhaps a couple of special edition Letterboxing updates might be required. Prior, with Letterboxing rules reiterated, and after - with clues. It's just an idea about how we can encourage involvement, participation, and more boxes sited. :)
A Dartmoor Letterboxing blog:
www.who-is-the-challenger.blogspot.com