Moor than Meets the Eye

Issues regarding safety and links of interest

Moderator: Moderators

Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Moor than Meets the Eye

Post by Dartymoor »

This is very Dartmoor related, and does affect letterboxing indirectly too, via improvements.

Somehow I've found myself on the "Community Stakeholder's Board" of the Moor than Meets the Eye project. I wondered if anyone has heard of it, as it seems to be flying under the radar a bit, despite lots of individual project publicity.

It's a Lottery funded collection of projects totalling £3.8m being spent to benefit Dartmoor, it's archaelogy, wildlife and users. Projects such as improving the Ten Commandments stone so it's readable again, Part-funding the Wray Valley cycle trail, Stone walling repairs, archaelogy, lots of local community projects under the Parishcapes umbrella. Really a lot going on and the whole project is half-way through now.

Having seen the framework and visited some of these projects, I'm very impressed how much care is given to ensure the Lottery money that's funding this is well spent and not wasted. There's genuine concern that once the thing is done, that the benefit continues.

If anyone has any comments, feel free to let me know and I can feed it back.

For more info; http://www.moorthanmeetstheeye.org/