Honey bag tor - missing boxs

Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Allens on the Moor
Drifter
Drifter

Honey bag tor - missing boxs

Post by Allens on the Moor »

Hi all - New to the forum and happy to be returning to letterboxing having started back in the early 90s - I still have my traveler and pleased to see it still in the catalogue although with a misspelling of Allen (Its under Allan & Evans no.36979)

Any way sorry to report that on a recent skirmish around Honey bag tor I found a number of empty open boxs - many I couldn't identify as all contents had been removed - one had 25p left in it and sadly "Tramps box" had the back of the stamp but no stamp attached or contact details - I had to leave the ammo box where it was but this must have been one of the early boxs - shame to see it lost.

Sadly much of my hunting has found empty boxs and a lot of the takeaway container boxs filled with water... anyway hope to put out a couple myself over the coming months which I will register in due course.

happy hunting all!
brockie
Drifter
Drifter

Re: Honey bag tor - missing boxs

Post by brockie »

As a side note, I remember Tramp's Box on Honeybag from when I was letterboxing in 1993! I would imagine the original owner is now quite elderly - I was a teenager then myself. I doubt the family realise it's still there - although this post is already a few years old.