Report missing or damaged boxes.

Moderator: Moderators

DarkSkiesontheMoor
Drifter
Drifter

Some Missing Boxes

Post by DarkSkiesontheMoor »

Both feature in the new catalogue but are sadly missing:

Fishy Folks Vikings - Hollow Tor (the plastic box is there with some weird small toys as you might find in a Christmas cracker but no stamp), pg. 36

Richard II - found the triangular rock but no sign of the box, pg. 75

Rich
Last edited by DarkSkiesontheMoor on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSkiesontheMoor
Drifter
Drifter

Re: Two Missing Boxes

Post by DarkSkiesontheMoor »

On reflection, could the first box I mentioned as missing have been taken over by a geocache? I don't know anything much about geocaching but was reading today that the cache can sometimes contain "items for trading, such as toys or trinkets, usually of more sentimental worth than financial". This would explain the weird collection of toys in the box :? It was definitely in the place where the letterbox should've been.
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Re: Some Missing Boxes

Post by Dartymoor »

There is a geocache on Hollow Tor - placed by famous letterboxer Red Roaming. https://coord.info/GC19Q6Z

It's a traditional so won't contain a stamp. Caches do often contain trinkets for kids, but don't need to.
Rat King
Drifter
Drifter

Post by Rat King »

Hi, I believe I came across Richard II by happy accident this evening on Peek Hill.

It was under the foot of a flat topped boulder.

The design is an owl, it reads 'Shakespeare' across the top and 'Rochard II' along the bottom.

I can bring it along to a meet if you wish to see it :)

Rat King
trekkernod
Hiker
Hiker

Post by trekkernod »

The Richard II box (p.75) is NOT the Richard II box that is on Peek Hill. The Peek Hill box is part of a Word Of Mouth series entitled Book Owls.
Noddy
The Toytown Trekker