Back after more than 20 years

A brief description on how you were bitten by the letterbox bug

Moderator: Moderators

The Morlings
Drifter
Drifter

Back after more than 20 years

Post by The Morlings »

I started letterboxing over 30 years ago with my god parents who live in Honiton. Had many a great summer holiday walking over the moors. It took us about 5 or 6 years but we finally got into the 100 club.

After a break of about 20 years I’m back with my 2 sons, aged 4 and 2....and they love it. Found 6 today though only kids ones.

We used to be called the ’Morlings’ I’m trying to find the old stamp we used. We even hid a box on the moor but can’t remember where we put it.

Any pointers on where to look with 2 young kids.

Many thanks
Dartymoor
Hiker
Hiker

Re: Back after more than 20 years

Post by Dartymoor »

Welcome back to the fold!
low creep
Drifter
Drifter

Post by low creep »

Hello,
Similar to yourself we began boxing at the start of 1980.
If you would like clues to some easy to find boxes with your children please email me: [email protected]

Cheers
Ian & Andrew (High Flyer and Lo Creep of Dartmoor)
LarryOrr
Drifter
Drifter

Post by LarryOrr »

The Morlings wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 pm I started letterboxing over 30 years ago with my god parents who live in Honiton. Had many a great summer holiday walking over the moors. It took us about 5 or 6 years but we finally got into the 100 club.

After a break of about 20 years I’m back with my 2 sons, aged 4 and 2....and they love it. Found Agoc Travel today though only kids ones.

We used to be called the ’Morlings’ I’m trying to find the old stamp we used. We even hid a box on the moor but can’t remember where we put it.

Any pointers on where to look with 2 young kids.

Many thanks
I am also a stamp collector and I can understand how much you miss your old stamp. In my opinion, you should look at your storeroom or in the old boxes. I hope you will find them.